Wednesday, November 15, 2006

25 is the new 21

First things first.

I'm not gonna apologize for not blogging or updating my life story to friends, family, pets, stalkers, whatnots. I now fill out that age group box that says '24 - 29' in application forms for god's sakes.. Do i really need to keep up with the low self-esteem & emo rambling anymore???

The answer is - yes.
25 is the new 21.
I'm still a sweet insecure 21-year old inside.

Just coz I hit 25 recently on Nov 1st (hint hint hint) doesn't mean I lose any entitlement to be childish, angry, ecstatic, horny or hungry.

So to commemorate the beginning of a new level of senility, I shall tell you the events that lead to this new blog transfer.

October 9th (Mon): Beginning of a new error.
- Most of you might've read about my 1st week at the new job here.
- It's been alright so far, but there are a few major stupidity happening in my office that I'll gladly share, just in case any of you decide to be a banker and ruin your social life. Or worse, decide to join this very same bank:
  • No heavy duty, over-priced and potentially cancerous toilet air freshener. They use pandan leaves instead. That means, if anybody takes a big-time shit, even your shirts will absorb the stench. I'd rather have nose cancer.
  • Smoking area is confined to the main lobby entrance, right next to the California Fitness gym. That means, as you puff away your life, you get to watch fit and supposedly healthy simpletons strut their stuff in & out of the gym. I think them 'powers that be' are trying to deploy a 'guilt' tactic. Not working. Gay men have nice bootays.
  • Lunch time conversation is as exciting as watching snails race. Not that I don't like my colleagues, they are generally nice people. But the lack of scandals & office gossips here is like denying me of my right to do what I do best: Be sampat. The most exciting piece of news I've heard recently that got everyone worked up was the new Cappuccino Vanilla flavor in the coffee machine.
  • Which brings us to the next stupidity. When even my pathetic ex-company has at least a decent pantry, imported coffee powder, a strong coffee machine and a coffee aunty to wash your cups for you, etc.. My new office has NONE of the above. NONE. BOH. TADAK. For all the money the company is hiring you for, they make you wash your own mugs/utensils/plates (which you BYO anyways), and they only let you drink cheap Nescafe beverages from a 30cents-a-cup press machine. Thank Krishna you don't actually have to put in goddamn coins to get your drink, it's free. Oh we have a tea-lady alright. But she just sits around and watch us make our own drinks. I dunno why they hire her for. Seriously.
  • Acronyms. Are. F.U.C.K.E.D.U.P. On my 2nd week, I was passed a list of acronyms that I was expected to memorize. I've no problems with that, but it just goes to show the extent of flexibility around here. Even the most simple things were abbreviated. Like C,G & P. As if it's damn hard to say Classic, Gold & Platinum. If it's a process name or system, I understand la, u know? KNNCCB.
  • And the most stupid one of all: The Internet web log. I though the ex-company was bad enough that we can't access game sites, in this new place, I can't even access friendster or check emails!!! hotmail, yahoo, gmail, u name it. All banned.
So with that, I have no choice but to move my rantings out to more accessible sites. Thank God they haven't blocked blogs.

November 1st (Wed): The more important date for human race in history.
- The bf threw me a not-so-surprising surprise party on my birthday eve. The sweetest part was the Eastin Hotel stay over. Yaww, kinky dai yo!! Kudos for his effort though, he got some good lovin' that night too..!! >.< - I spent the day-time of my birthday loitering around Midvalley:
  • Went Starbucking.
  • Got flowers from my office, at Starbucks.
  • Went for a reality check-cum-body consultation at Marie France. The lady told me I had 32% fats in my body, which officially puts me in the Fat category. Normal people have between 22 - 25% fats.
  • Went home, watched my Prison Break dvds.

So with all that, I've come to realize that being 25 doesn't make me anymore wiser than what I was 4 years ago. I'm still as vain, still as angsty, still as sotong. So much for quarter life crisis!

Though, there are a few things that I'm determined to improve on before the year is over. Sort of like a birthday resolution thingy...
  • Lose weight. For real. Goodbye crash diets and DIY aerobic tapes. Hello slimming centers, yoga classes & slimming products! (Who needs FOC college diet methods when you can actually PAY for overnight slimming alternatives??)
  • Show my naked body & orifices to strangers. I.e. get my teeth fixed, visit a gynae, etc.
  • Be more religious. Gotta give Seet a call about our next gig, man..
  • Get a Hep shot.
  • Donate blood.
  • Update my blog more. Not just for poser's sake, but just coz I can now in the office, with my new blog address. Muahaha...
So yea, that's that.

No comments: